Friday, October 30, 2009

Home Again

Well, here I be. I made it home in one piece, and my wonderful adventure comes to a close. My two weeks in Copenhagen were just as close to perfect as any trip could be.


In two weeks I saw a castle built in the 11th Century or earlier and touched 1000 year old masonry, I went to Tivoli Gardens, saw the Copenhagen City Museum (Danish: Bymuseum), ate a lot of good food, met many of Annie’s family (and they were all wonderful), walked a lot, ate a danish pastry or two (Danish: wienerbrød), and even spoke a little bit of Danish. Exhausting but fun.


It was so wonderful to see Annie, and to meet Jens, Maria, Tony, Louise, and little Sofia (one of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen). They were all so good to me, and every one of them was interesting, fun, and wonderful.


I flew back on Scandinavian Airlines. I sat next to a statistician from Stockholm. He bought me beers and we had the nicest chat for hours. I slept a little bit too. Flying back from O’Hare to Dallas, I sat next to a lovely older lady who, for various reasons, reminded me so much of my beloved and delightful friend Mia…Who is very much on my mind right now.

You know what that means? I had TWO good seat mates in one day. I think that’s a world record, actually.


I was welcomed by my wonderful friends, the best co-workers a guy could ask for, and some of my favourite clients in the world…including one I had not seen in a long time.


Travelling is amazing. I want to see more of the world. But there’s no place like home.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Such a delight reading your blog, sweetest. I love the way you write. And, of course, I have some share in the latest posts ;)

xo